We respect your right to privacy and we aim to ensure you have a trustworthy experience with us, including when using our websites or booking direct. We understand that you care about how your personal data is used by us, and we want to share with you the policies and practices we’ve adopted. This way you can feel confident about how we handle your personal data.
We will update our policies and this Privacy Statement from time to time. The most current version will always be located on our website.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will only collect personal information that is necessary to deliver the best possible service to you.
The types of personal information we collect will vary depending on your dealings with Roadrentals or Event Bus Charters and Tours and the products we (or our contractors and third parties) provide to you.
This information may include any or all of the following:
- Name, address(es), telephone number(s) and other contact details;
- Electronic address(es);
Why we collect personal information
Generally, we collect and use personal information about you to provide a range of products, services and benefits relating to your travel needs.
We also collect personal information to assist in identifying ways in which we can serve you better, and to assist our internal administration and operations including accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development and testing, and staff training.
Some of the information we collect is for the purpose of improving our interaction with customers. We collect personal information about you, including family members and friends, for purposes in relation to your and their dealings (either directly or indirectly) with Roadrentals or Event Bus Charters and Tours.
- Bookings: First and foremost, we use your personal information to complete and administer your booking.
- Customer service: Sharing your details with our customer service staff allows us to help you when you need it: for example, helping you make a booking, or responding to your queries.
- Customer reviews: We may use your contact information to send you a short questionnaire about your experience. This helps us understand and improve our service.
- Marketing activities: We also use your personal information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example: We may use it to contact you by telephone, email or SMS with information on our latest news, offers and updates, including details of our services, special offers, discounts or promotions, new products or services, and forthcoming events or competitions.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we contact you by email, phone or SMS, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
o We may need to respond to and handle your requests.
o When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or ask you to review your experience with us.
- Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of this research will be used only with your consent.
- Fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal information to detect and prevent fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving our services: We use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
- Website problem solving: We may collect certain other information that you give us, for example, when you contact us for a particular reason other than those set out above such as to report problems with our website. It is in our legitimate interests as a business to use your data in this way, for example, we have a clear interest in ensuring that our website works properly and in ensuring that we operate our business efficiently.
If you do not wish to receive information from Roadrentals or Event Bus Charters and Tours, please use the contact details below to let us know. Please note that if you make such a request:
- We may still need to use your personal information to provide you with the services and products you have requested as a customer; and
- It may not be possible for us to immediately action a request to cease receiving any or all marketing material. However, we will respond to such requests as soon as practicable and will make all reasonable efforts to promptly activate a change in preference to opt out of receiving future marketing material.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
In certain situations, we may share your personal information with third parties:
Suppliers of travel and other services
We may provide your personal information to our contractors or related companies for the purposes of, or in connection, with the supply of products and services to you.
We may supply personal data to a government authority or regulator where required to:
- comply with a legal requirement (i.e. height & weight for Civil Aviation Authority),
- for the administration of justice,
- for the purposes of customs, visas and immigration, or
- where reasonably required to protect your vital interests or
- enforce any booking or other contract.
Third-party service suppliers
We may use third-party service suppliers to process your personal information on our behalf for the purposes described above. When a booking requires it, we may also work with third-party payment service suppliers to facilitate payment. We also work with third-party advertisement networks to market services on other platforms and involve third-party suppliers for analytical purposes. All these third parties will be bound by confidentiality agreements and will not be allowed to use your personal information for any purposes other than those described
We do not share your personal information with third parties for them to use for the purposes of sending you marketing information or for those third parties to use your information for their own purposes.
How does Roadrentals or Event Bus Charters and Tours protect my personal information.
As with all information, Roadrentals or Event Bus Charters and Tours will never rent or sell your personal information.
Personally identifiable material is stored on servers or databases, which may involve storing data on storage or computer systems provided by third party suppliers. None of this is publicly accessible and protected by industry standard firewalls and have password protection systems.
We restrict access to personal information to our employees and contracted third party providers who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. We extend these privacy policies to our business relationships. We expect the companies we select as our service providers and business partners to honour our privacy policies in the handling of customer personal information.
Transmission of information over email is not secure, and if you submit any information to us over the internet by email you do so entirely at your own risk. We cannot be responsible for any costs, expenses, loss of profits, harm to reputation, damages, liabilities or any other form of loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your decision to transmit information to us by email.
SSL certificate for payments
We use industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology which encrypts the payment information you enter via our website. This prevents other computers impersonating your computer and prevents third parties reading or changing your information as it travels over the internet. Credit Card details are NOT stored on our database when you book via our website. If you are unhappy about entering your payment information online, then you are more than welcome to call our offices on 0800 66 77 44 (freephone within NZ), or contact us by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Feedback supplied to Roadrentals may also be used in print and online for marketing and advertising purposes. This includes but not limited to, third party review sites and questionnaires supplied to us post-tour. Additionally, any photographs, video and text sent to Roadrentals must be the client’s own.
If you make use of any Roadrentals or Event Bus Charters and Tours social media features, either on our website, an app or otherwise through a social media provider, we may access information about you via that social media provider in accordance with their policies. When using a social media feature and if you have chosen to include it in your social media account, we may access information such as your name, profile picture, gender, birthday, email address, town or district and any other information you have chosen to make available. Depending on the privacy settings of you and your friends, we may access information that you provide to a social media provider regarding your respective locations (“Location Data”) to provide you with relevant content. Please note that your Location Data may also be shared with your friends on a social media provider in accordance with your privacy settings for that social media provider.
Market Research, Surveys & Feedback
From time to time, surveys may also be used to collect further information about our users – participation in these surveys is entirely voluntary.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another site and we are not responsible for the content or information collection polices of other sites. Please make sure you view their privacy and other policies before you submit any of your personal information.
If you contact us about these rights, we may ask for proof of your identity before we act, and may refuse to act if you do not provide this or your identity is not established by you. This is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Access to your personal data
You may request us to tell you whether we are processing personal data about you, to tell you what personal data we are processing and for what purposes, and to provide you with a copy of your personal data that we hold. The law does allow us, in certain cases to refuse your request, and we will advise you at the time if this is the case. We will need to verify your identity before disclosing personal information.
When gathering, using and disclosing personal information we will take all measures to ensure the information is correct, complete and current. However, if at any time the information is incorrect, Roadrentals or Event Bus Charters and Tours will endeavour to ensure the information is accurate as soon as possible.
A Right to Object
You have the right to object to the use of your personal information for direct marketing or where we use it on the basis that we say we have a legitimate interest in using it.
Deletion of Data inaccuracies
You have the right to have your personal information deleted or removed in certain circumstances and we may have the right in some cases to refuse to do so. We will need to verify your identity before disclosing personal information.
You have the right to obtain and re-use your personal information for your own use in certain circumstances.
You may prevent or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Right to withdraw your consent
CONTACT & COMPLAINTS
INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
While every effort has been made to provide the most accurate information we advise that information on this website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Roadrentals or Event Bus Charters and Tours may at any time and without notice make improvements and/or changes in the products and/or the programs described in this information.
Roadrentals or Event Bus Charters and Tours makes no representations whatsoever about any other website which you may access through this one. When you access a non- Roadrentals or Event Bus Charters and Tours website, please understand that it is independent from Roadrentals or Event Bus Charters and Tours, and that Roadrentals or Event Bus Charters and Tours has no control over the content on that website. In addition, a link to a non- Roadrentals or Event Bus Charters and Tours website does not mean that Roadrentals or Event Bus Charters and Tours endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such website.
IN NO EVENT WILL Roadrentals or Event Bus Charters and Tours BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ON ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE ARE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Roadrentals and Event Bus Charters and Tours. All rights reserved.